Full Mouth Reconstruction Gainesville
Reclaim a Complete, Functional Smile
In some cases, more than one procedure is needed to restore a smile so that it is functional, balanced and attractive. In cases of injury or advanced decay, a full mouth reconstruction may become necessary. At our Gainesville, Florida office, our doctors can conduct a thorough assessment of your oral health needs, and recommend the combination of treatments you need in order to achieve a smile that provides you with the comfort, functionality and appearance you deserve. To learn more about how a customized full mouth reconstruction procedure at our Gainesville office can help you, please contact us today.
Determining Your Treatment
We take a teamwork approach to full mouth reconstruction; we think of ourselves as the quarterback in the restoration of your smile, coordinating the efforts of a select group of area specialists to provide you with a healthy, beautiful smile.
- If you have decay below the gumline, periodontal treatments, performed by an area periodontist, remove plaque and bacteria deposits near the tooth roots.
- If you have teeth that have become severely decayed, but have an adequately healthy outer structure, a root canal treatment performed by our trusted endodontist, can salvage the tooth. Your dentist will remove the tooth's pulp (the inner portion consisting of nerves, blood vessels, and other tissue), fill the tooth with a rubber-like material, and finally seal it with a custom dental crown. Our crowns and bridges are made of porcelain fused to zirconium for outstanding strength and a natural appearance.
- If you are missing several teeth, your doctor may recommend dental implants. These titanium posts are surgically implanted in the jaw, providing 40 years or more of outstanding support for crowns, bridges, and dentures. The surgical procedure is referred to an area specialist. Afterward, we provide the restoration, created in cooperation with an area laboratory.
If some of your teeth have only minor damage or aesthetic irregularities, cosmetic procedures can be incorporated into your treatment plan to help you achieve a smile that is healthy as well as attractive:
- Orthodontics are our first choice in helping patients improve the appearance of their smiles, because it provides long-term improvement and require no alteration to your tooth structure. We will refer you to an outstanding area orthodontist if this treatment is right for you.
- We can apply teeth whitening treatment to your healthy teeth prior to other treatments, and use this new brighter, whiter shade as a guide for the color of your other restorations.
- If some of your teeth have minor chips, cracks, or discoloration, porcelain veneers can help them appear straight and undamaged. These porcelain shells are custom-crafted to fit over the front surfaces of teeth, concealing these imperfections.
- In other cases, dental bonding (the simple application of tooth-colored resin to your tooth) can achieve a similar effect. Small chips, cracks, or gaps between teeth can be masked with dental bonding material.
We also offer treatment for temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorder. Headaches, neck pain, and difficulties biting or chewing can all result from complications involving the joints of the jaw. We can create custom-made mouthpieces to be worn overnight, preventing the clenching of your jaw. This relieves the pain associated with TMJ disorder and can correct your bite to prevent future complications.
Learn More about Full Mouth Reconstruction
If injury or decay have significantly compromised the health and appearance of your smile, full mouth reconstruction may be necessary. Contact our Gainesville office today to find out if you are a candidate for this comprehensive, customized treatment plan.